Super Visa Insurance for Travel to Canada
Plan on applying for a Super Visa for Canada? Know someone who is?
The new Super Visa makes it easier than ever before for parents and grandparents to visit family members in Canada, allowing them to remain in the country for up to 24 months at a time, without having to renew their status This visa is valid for 10 years and can permit a single entry or multi-entries into Canada. One of the key requirements for obtaining the Super Visa for Canada is insurance.
Super Visa applicants must submit proof that they have purchased private medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company which is valid for a minimum of one year and offers a minimum of $100,000 in coverage for health care, hospitalization and repatriation.
What can Trip Cancellation Insurance cover?
Trip Cancellation Insurance provides coverage for plan members, their spouse and their dependants for a variety of cancellation reasons that happen prior to the trip departure date including:
Medical Conditions and Death
Accident, death or illness of either the covered person or the covered person's
- Family member or business partner
- travel companion or travel companion's
- family member or business partner
Emergency hospitalization or death of
- the host at destination
- the person for whom the covered person is a legal guardian
- Death of the person for whom the covered person is estate executor
- Government issues an advisory recommending against travel to your trip destination
- Employment and Occupation
- Travel companion loses a permanent job due to layoff or dismissal without just cause
- Covered person or travel companion is transferred by their respective employer and must move from their primary residence
- Covered person or travel companion is called to jury duty or is subpoenaed to be a witness during the trip
- Business trip is cancelled due a medical condition or death of the host at destination